Sunday, September 29, 2013

An Important Messsage for My Clients

To my clients,
There have been a few occurrences as of late that have prompted me to address the type of behavior that is and is not acceptable during workout sessions or at anytime in the studio. It is important to remember that the people around you are a diverse group with different backgrounds, ethnicities, religious beliefs and sensitivities.  And while I think a relaxed environment is desirable that doesn't preclude taking into account what may be offensive to someone else.  I realize that the workouts may induce the need for a profanity laced tirade or a targeted expletive in my direction, and if you are in a one on one session with me that is fine.   But in the presence of others I urge everyone to think before they speak. Criticisms of other's faiths, political views and cultures in the group setting are also something that should be avoided. 

Is this political correctness rearing it's ugly head? No, I think it's more about common sense guidelines of how to get along with people. And I don't think it's a lot to ask of anyone for an hour out of their day.  So let's all work hard, sweat, improve and if you have an unkind word for anyone then point it in my direction, I'll take it as a sign that I'm doing something right.

Thanks,

Kevin

No comments: