Tuesday, April 24, 2012

What does BFF trainer Chris do in her off time?

It is a really great idea to find some activities to keep you active in your "off" time from the gym. Cross training is fantastic for confusing your body, which in turn can help you burn more calories. It is easy to get into a "rut" or training the same way while you are at the gym. This will help keep things interesting and in the long run, keep you more motivated.

Another great part about participating in other activities is that it is a good measure for how well you actually are performing in the gym. If you aren't necessarily dropping weight, but getting more fit, this can be an encouraging sign that may only be evident by engaging in another form of exercise. I play soccer in my "off" time. It changes the way I workout because I can actually feel the results of my gym training while playing. If I had a not so stellar week of training, I pay the consequences on the field, and vise versa. It is "something to works towards", or an extra bit of motivation knowing you have to work hard to play your best, or keep up with the pack while hiking, etc.
Pick a new activity and go for it. Your body will thank you :)

No comments: